Awareness Day 2017
Our annual School-Based Health Center (SBHC) Youth Awareness Day, the only youth-driven advocacy event that supports school-based health centers (SBHCs) in Oregon, is February 27, 2017. During SBHC Youth Awareness Day, Oregon’s youth from around the state:
- develop and share education about the legislative process
- meet their legislators and advocate for the health needs of their community
- build skills around community engagement and advocacy
- connect with other youth leaders across the state
- promote the importance of youth voice in access to school health services
SBHC Youth Awareness Day--in its 10th year in 2017--also highlights the effectiveness and presence of school-based health centers for our lawmakers. It provides an opportunity to connect legislators and students to allow young people to tell the story of how SBHCs have impacted them. Students who attend have concrete opportunities to learn about civic engagement, communication, and leadership by learning from policy experts and peer trainers, as well as engaging directly with legislators.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 EVENT SPONSORS
EC Brown Foundation:
Making our youth work
possible since 2009!